In Logan County, Kentucky, there will be held 57th Annual Tobacco and Heritage Festival. It starts this week on Thursday with Queen’s Pageant and for the next days are prepared a lot of other interesting events worth visiting. Traditionally the Queen’s Pageant was held during the Tobacco Festival week. However, this year it was moved up in order to accommodate students that will come to participate in festival from other cities. In 2012 the Queen’s Pageant was moved for the first time and this change showed a success.
Lisa Browning, the Logan County Chamber of Commerce executive director said that 2 years ago they had only 6 sign up for the pageant. This year before all the fall breaks start it gets the pageant done.
There are a number of events still open for registration:
• Color Splash Dash – Preregistration by September 27
• Jesse James 5K Run & Walk – Preregistration by September 27
• Ride of Champions Bicycle Ride – Preregistration by September 27
• Little Mister & Miss Pageant – Friday, September 27
• Road Rally – Thursday, October 3, or until all spots are filled
• Golf Scramble – Thursday, October 3, 4 p.m.
• Senior Stroll – Friday, October 4
• Craft & Flea Market booths – Will accept until all spots are filled
• Non-profit & Business Advertising booths – will accept until all spots are filled
• Festival Parade – Thursday, October 10
• Karaoke Contest – Thursday, October 10, unless all categories fill earlier
However, there are left only few spots for crafts area and flea market as they were sold out quickly in early August.
During the festival will take place around 35 events in which will participate tens of sponsors, hundreds of volunteers, thousands of visitors. This year the festival will include several new events such as the Color Splash Dash 1-Mile Fun Run & Walk, Main Street Russellville’s Poker Run, the Senior Center’s Womanless Beauty Pageant. The event will cost $15 for adults and $5 for children.